Hotel Kakola is a fully Finnish and privately-owned boutique hotel by the Turku city centre. The only chains in the former prison building now hang from the wine bar ceiling, but the atmosphere is still reflected by the interior design details.
The hotel has 151 rooms, ranging from classical rooms with basic amenities to luxurious suites. Kakola’s diverse range of services provides a wealth of opportunities for hosting a variety of meetings and events. The hotel features a restaurant, bar, conference and event rooms for groups of all sizes, and a pleasant summer terrace.
The hotel’s interior design and construction emphasised sustainable materials, which were mainly procured from domestic suppliers. The hotel has also been granted the Green Key certification, which demonstrates our commitment to responsibility and environmental well-being.
The restaurants favour domestic raw materials, and all foodstuffs are primarily purchased from local providers.
Closed down in 2007, Kakola is the most legendary prison in Finnish history. The Kakolanmäki area is now Turku’s newest district, which, in addition to residential buildings, is home to several restaurants, a brewery, a bakery, a roastery and an interior design shop. The area is visited by tourists and other groups on a daily basis. Visitors can participate in guided tours that delve into the history of the notorious Kakola Prison.
- Church Hall, Banquet, Meeting - capacity 100 (classroom), 160 (theatre)
- Meeting Room Uuno, Banquet, Meeting - capacity 90 (classroom), 100 (theatre)
- Meeting Room Sven, Banquet, Meeting - capacity 25 (classroom), 30 (theatre)
- Meeting Room Tilda, Meeting - capacity 13 (fixed table)
- Restaurant Ruben, Banquet - capacity 120
- Pavilion, Banquet, Meeting - capacity 60
- Kakola Attic, Banquet, Meeting - capacity 120 (classroom), 150 (theatre)
- Kakola Hall, Banquet, Meeting - capacity 150 (classroom), 200 + 30 (theatre)