The hotel features 148 rooms of high quality and unique character, ranging from classical rooms with basic amenities to luxurious suites. The most daring visitors can choose to stay the night in a former solitary confinement cell.
Kakola’s diverse range of services provides a wealth of opportunities for hosting a variety of meetings and events. The hotel features a restaurant, wine room, summer terrace, and meeting and event facilities for groups of all sizes.
Meeting and banquet facilities are also available elsewhere in Kakolanmäki. The granite castle’s former chapel, now called Kakola Great Hall, offers a charming view of Turku. For more casual meetings and evening get-togethers, Kakolanmäki offers Kakola Attic Hall.
The hotel’s interior design and construction emphasised sustainable materials, which were mainly procured from domestic suppliers. The hotel has also been granted the Green Key certification, which demonstrates our commitment to responsibility and environmental well-being.
The restaurants favour domestic ingredients, and all foodstuffs are primarily purchased from local suppliers.
Closed down in 2007, Kakola is the most legendary prison in Finnish history. Kakolanmäki is now Turku’s newest district, which, in addition to residential buildings, is home to several restaurants, a brewery, a bakery, a roastery and an interior design shop. The area is visited by tourists and other groups on a daily basis. Visitors can participate in guided tours that delve into the history of the notorious Kakola Prison.
- Church Hall, Banquet, Meeting - capacity 100 (classroom), 180 (theatre)
- Meeting Room Uuno, Banquet, Meeting - capacity 90 (classroom), 100 (theatre)
- Meeting Room Sven, Banquet, Meeting - capacity 25 (classroom), 30 (theatre)
- Meeting Room Tilda, Meeting - capacity 12 (fixed table)
- Restaurant Ruben, Banquet - capacity 120
- Pavilion, Banquet, Meeting - capacity 120
- Kakola Attic, Banquet, Meeting - capacity 50 (meeting tables), 70 (cocktail tables)
- Kakola Hall, Banquet, Meeting - capacity 140 (classroom), 200 + 30 (theatre)